Sep 16, 2013

River Hike with cousins

Tawnya, Ian and Riley came to visit on the last nice weekend of the summer/beginning of fall..  We went on a little hike up the north fork of the Skok River.  The boys brought their new wooden swards Daniel had made them and chopped down every mushroom on the trail.  The river had switched from one side of the sand bar to the other so we walk around to see if it had forked or completely moved.  We found one last remaining puddle and I said to the boys "I wonder if there are and critters in it".. When we got close the whole puddle moved, it was chalk full of tad pules.  The kids had a grand time scooping up handfuls of them, we even found a water snake, two large crawdads, and some tiny fish.  It was an exciting puddle! I am sad for summer to end but I do love the fall and the holidays so I guess its not so bad.  I just hope we get lots more fun family outings.


 
 






No comments: