May 26, 2015

Words for my Dad




When I think of my dad I invision a rock wearing a party hat.  He was steadfast never waivering his beliefs, he was never swayed by the world and he never let us kids manipulate him to get our way.

He was always goofing around, he was frequently called a "turkey" by my mother.  He planned fun vacations for our family over the years, and he put caution to the wind when it was time to have fun.
I remmember a funny time while skiing he didn't want to wait for us kids to strap into our snowboards so he said "anyone who can keep up with me can ski with me", and he took off.  He went up and down the mountain many times without us until one run we found a ski hat, goggles, a pole here a ski there, then behind the hazzard tape my dad came crawling up saying "don't go that way". He was a bit reclase at times.

He wasn't the best at communicating but he never stopped talking to people, making visits, or doing missionary work.  We joke how in the moment some conversations could have been awkward but they always seemed to leave a lasting impressions.

He had no filter on who he'd be friend or hire.  There were days I'd come home from school and find a bearded biker guy in the shop or a super cute young kid, and I'd wished he'd given me a little warning.

He was a list maker, as kids I remember many chore lists, this last week we've found many lists of goals; spiritual, financial, marriage and family and personal.  He was always striving to improve and pushing the rest of us to improve as well.

I believe he will live on through us as we remember to; work hard, always find moments to have fun, never fear away from an adventure, make goals to reach the stars then work towards them, and to serve.  No matter how busy life is we must make time to serve!


My dad. He was so goofy, just look at this picture, I don't even think he had a fish on the hook! He had the best dry sense of humor, I totally got him. He was so logical, and he was a thinker, always creating goals and trying to improve aspects of his life. I always looked up to him and respected him. He worked so hard and so honest, and in the little time left over after working, he played harder! He cared so much, esp. for the underdog, he was always looking for someone that needed help, he touched so many people. As we reflect on the last month's, weeks, and days of his life we see how he took opportunities to make sure everyone that he loved was happy. And we all are. He had left my mom that morning with a boogery kiss that they had laughed about. He was working on a beautiful mountain side with an excavator making 4 wheeler trails for the grandkids, it appears that he hit a soft patch of dirt that gave way and his excavator rolled down the hill. His passing to heaven was what we think instantaneous. He didn't make it that night to his scheduled church visits on earth, but I'm sure he made the ones in heaven, he's was just that way.  I know he probably wasn't a perfect person, but to me he was a perfect dad and I love and cherish all my memories that I have. And from one of his favorite goofy movies (from a long time ago) I say "party on dude!" I love you daddie-o.
(From April Wolf Crosland)
 

The Earth is weeping today after loosing one of the greatest men who ever lived. On Wednesday an abrupt accident took my Dad to live with his father in heaven. For those who know Paul Wolf , knew he lived a life committed to God, his family, his friends and his outdoor adventures. Though a quiet man, he made positive lasting impressions on everyone he met. Though a short man, there wasn't a day I didn't look up to him. Though a rugged manly man, he had a gentle heart for all people. My dad was and is truly my hero. He lived a life not by his words but by his example. He was perfectly steadfast in all of his morals and never wavered. His entire life he never stopped serving people. I will miss him tremendously. My heart is heavy burdened and feels like it was physically torn open. It hurts not because I think I wont see him again, but because I was excited for creating many more memories with him in this life. Today I was able to see a few things that settled my heart and brought me peace. Firstly, I was able to see him just two months ago and get a picture with him. Second, the day before he passed I was able to have a deep, meaningful conversation with him which I was able to tell him I loved him. Third but not last, I have had an outpouring of love and support from family and so many friends. I and my family are grateful for so much love towards us and this great man, father, husband and friend.
(From Clayton Wolf)
 
 

No comments: